Sometimes planning to decorate a room can seem to be like a daunting task. To me, finding inspiration and ideas is key to getting my inspiration juices going. It helps me visualize what I want to do to the room and inspires me to try to adapt and apply those ideas into my own home. There are many sites that I look through in order to get inspired when I am at a loss of how to start decorating a room.
Here are my current top 5 sites when I am in need of a home decor fix:
- Pinterest - This is by far, my absolute favorite site that I not only check out daily, but whenever I have free time during the day (and night!). They literally have pictures and links to rooms in every style that you can think of and it has also helped me discover many new sites like The Inspired Room and Apartment Therapy. If you have been living under a rock for the past couple of years, Pinterest is a social networking site that allow users to share their interests by posting pictures and videos to "boards."
- Houzz - Houzz is an online community about home improvement, decorating, and interior design. They have millions of pictures of beautifully decorated rooms and home renovations to help inspire you to make your home the best that it can be!
- The Inspired Room - I recently became a fan of this site when my husband gifted me a copy of one of their books. I instantly fell in love with this site as it is dedicated to decorating on a budget. If you are ever in a rut about what t do with your space, start here for DIY inspiration. Many hours have been spent reading their books and scrolling through their site!
- Apartment Therapy - I started following Apartment Therapy several years ago when I was renting apartments. The site is full of house tours and ideas to decorate your space while renting. Time flies when you are on this site, so friendly warning to all!
- Thrifty Decor Chick - This is an awesome site with tons of inexpensive ideas to decorate your home. I have been loving watching the DIY projects and how beautiful their home has turned out! I can only dream that Dapper House Designs inspires others as much as Thrifty Decor Chick has inspired me!
Do you have any go-to sites to get inspired? Leave me a comment below!