So super excited to share with you that Dapper House Designs has been nominated for the Liebster Award by Gigi from Forever Gigi. The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize and support each other. It is a great way to help discover new blogs as well as supporting some of your favorites! It has truly been s few crazy months since starting this blog and I am truly grateful to be recognized by my peers.
In order for me to accept the award I will be following the below rules:
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
- Include a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own, per The Global Aussie.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers for the award and provide them with 11 questions to answer.
11 Facts about Myself:
- I speak and write Spanish fluently.
- I minored in French in college but have not really spoken the language since :(
- I went to college at The Ohio State University and sadly only stepped foot in the stadium once...the day I graduated. Not a football fan...sorry!
- I have a baby boy who has completely changed my life. Cannot imagine my life without him!
- I have the most amazing husband. I am one lucky gal and so grateful that I met him and created this life together.
- I used to be an avid scuba diver but since getting pregnant, scuba diving has been on the back burner for now.
- When I was a kid, I used to collect basketball cards and still have them to this day. Hoping to have some collectibles in there!
- I am originally from Ecuador, South America but have lived in the U.S. for over 20 years.
- I still have a collection of some of my childhood toys including a Cabbage Patch Kid and Rainbow Bright. Hoping to one day give them to a baby girl (fingers crossed!)
- I am addicted to deserts. I love all of them so much that I have to make my hubby hide them from me or else I will make them disappear ;)
- I cannot sleep at night if I don't have my sleep machine on making white noise. It started in college and I have never been able to go to sleep without it!
11 Questions from the Nominator
1. What first inspired you to become a blogger?
I decided to start blogging once I made the decision to quit my job and become a stay at home mom. I love being with my little one and having the opportunity to watch him grow has been a true blessing. But that did not make deciding to leave my full time job and career behind easy. I wanted to ensure that I had something to encourage me to work and allow me to be creative. Home Decor has always been a true passion of mine, so with the encouragement of my husband, Dapper House Designs was born and I have never looked back!
2. What are the 5 things you feel you can't live without?
Coffee, my loves (hubby and baby), mascara, internet, and sunshine!
3. Where do you hope your blog will be in 12 months time?
I truly hope that my blog continues to grow at a steady pace and that it helps inspire people to create their best homes.
4. Who is your most inspirational blogger?
Tasha from Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body. Her blog is amazing and filled with beautiful DIYs! She makes everything look so pretty and beautiful, I can only aspire to one day have as a successful blog as hers.
5. Other than blogging what are your hobbies?
I am what you call a book worm. I love reading and can honestly spend hours getting lost in a book.
6. What is your most favorite thing about blogging?
I love getting comments regarding my posts and the encouragement from this community. The idea that I am truly helping someone find their most amazing home is a great feeling!
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
Hopefully with one more kid :) Working away on my blog with my kids and hubby by my side.
8. Where is your dream place to travel to?
Bali! Because I love a good beach and it just looks right out of a dream! Also, must try the scuba diving there!
9. What is your pet hate?
Cats! They leave their hair everywhere and the hairballs! Yuck!
10. What is your secret fetish?
I am huge choc-a-holic!
11. If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
Bird, so that I can fly and explore the World as I wish!
My Favorite Blog
As I mentioned above, my absolutely favorite blog is Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body. Tasha's blog is amazing and if you haven't checked it out, you MUST. She has an amazing home that she has documented on her site along with great DIYs. One of my favorite sections in her site is the 'Knockoff Projects' where she documents how to DIY decor items from your favorite upscale stores. It is absolutely amazing and I am always inspired to give it a go! Seriously, if you love DIYs and home decor, this blog is for you.
And my nominees are...
Questions for my Nominees:
- What inspires you?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite book?
- What do you do when you aren't blogging?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What motivates you?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Who do you look up to and why?
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- What's your favorite dessert?
Thanks again Forever Gigi for nominating me for this award. I hope you enjoyed this post and that you check out some of the amazing bloggers listed above!