$100 Room Challenge, Week 3: Nautical Mirror DIY and more

**This post may contain affiliate links, please read my full disclosure here.**

It's week 3 of the $100 Room Challenge and I am super excited about the progress I've made so far. If you are just joining me, the $100 Room Challenge is hosted by Erin over at Lemons, Lavender, Laundry and the goal is to decorate/update a space for just $100 in one month.

It has been a busy month, but the end is just around the corner and I'm super excited to share with you what I have accomplished so far. Check out my previous post here and here if you want to start at the beginning.

What I have accomplished so far:

The bathroom has been fully painted! I chose a very deep navy blue color called "Very Navy" by Behr and it's SO pretty. I absolutely love how the navy looks against the white trim and the white permanent fixtures in the space.

After the painting was completed, I finally got to start on the fun stuff! One of the first things that I wanted to tackle was the light fixture. I really wanted to replace it but I just couldn't find anything that I loved that was within budget so I decided to get my spray can out and give our current one a little makeover. I had a leftover can of this copper spray paint and painted the fixture. The copper looks so beautiful against the blue paint! 

Shelves above the toilet have been hung and the brackets have been painted with the same copper spray paint. I am loving all of the changes and cannot wait to show you!

Nautical Mirror and Waste Basket DIY

This week, I focused on the accessories for the half bath. When I started this challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to do to the mirror to add a nautical touch to our very navy powder room. 

This was a super simple DIY that made a HUGE impact. And the best part is that all it took was some glue and rope! Even better, I only spent about $20 for both the mirror and the waste basket!

Once I had all my materials ready, I was ready to start.  I started at the top of the mirror.  I used a little bit of hot glue on the end of the rope so that it wouldn't fray.  Once that dried, I was ready to start applying it around the mirror.  This process went by very quickly, applying hot glue directly on the frame of the mirror and laying the rope down.  You have to work a little fast to make sure the glue doesn't dry up on you.  I followed these steps until I reached the top edge of the mirror where I again used hot glue to protect the end of the rope and prevent fraying.  So easy!

I followed the above steps for the waste basket as well, but I did spray paint the inside of the basket the same antique copper that I used on the vanity light and the shelf brackets. 

Now, I am holding off on showing you pictures of the completed pieces because I want you to see the completed room for the first time next week! Make sure you join me to check out the completed space and all of the fun DIY's I described above! I cannot wait to share with you!


One gallon of Behr Premium Ultra in Eggshell Finish in color Very Navy: $30.98 

Gallery Wall Picture Frame Set: $33.98

Rust-Oleum 1937830 Metallic Spray, Copper: $4.15

(2) 3/8 in. x 50 ft. Natural Twisted Manila Rope: $8.21/ea. = $16.42

I have spent a total of $85.52 which leaves me with $14.47. And I plan on purchasing these towels from West Elm that I think will look a-mazing! Better yet, they come in a pack of TWO for $12.99. 




The fun part is left for the last week of the $100 Room Challenge because I now get to style the entire space. I am super excited to chose the prints that I want for the gallery wall and I cannot wait to get my hands of those shelves! 

In case you missed it, here are previous week updates:

Week 1 // Week 2 // Week 3 // Week 4

Make sure you check out the other rooms amazing bloggers are tackling: